Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 2

Whew-go me. So for those of you who don't know what the 30 day shred is, let me explain it a little bit for you. It's a work out video by Jillian Michaels, the mean personal trainer lady from the Biggest Loser-only she's really not that mean. I thought I'd need someone yelling at me and telling me what a whale I am to get me going, but she's not that bad. Anyway, the way the workout goes is that it's 4 circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs, then repeat with different exercises. It's really pretty intense. There are 3 levels (obviously I'm doing the first level for now). I researched the workout quite a bit before buying into it, and so far, it seems to get really great results. We'll see. I opted out of showing you all pictures of me, my self esteem isn't that high yet. Just believe me at the end if I say it works!
So I've done the work out for two days now. I like it because it's pretty old school stuff; jumping jacks, jump roping, butt kicking, hand weights. It reminds me of high school gym class, and let's be honest, that was probably my fittest time in life, minus that one semester I trained for and ran a marathon-no really, I did. Seriously-I've got the bum knee to prove it. So, back to the work out. My legs feel like jello, and there are muscles in my tummy I'm feeling for the first time since I got knocked up-I'm sorry, was that crass? Oh well, it's true. So, thus far-it's good. Now I need to go shower.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Heidy! :) (I posted a big ol' long comment on your last post, but for some reason, probably me sucking at using computers, it didn't post, but way to go Heidy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I'm looking for day 3 and 4- where is the update? You must have hurt yourself and can't exercise any more! Is that it? Hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete