Sunday, December 20, 2009

day 5

Sorry guys for not posting recently. Let's just say that my arms hurt so much, it even hurts to type. But it's that good kind of hurt. So I worked out 5 times this week, which makes me very proud of myself! I remember the semester I was training to run a marathon, one day I was walking across campus with a friend, and like 3 guys said hi to me, which was really unusual, since guys usually say hi to the girl I'm walking with. (Case in point, the time I was with Maggie, and Nelson spend like 10 minutes telling her how amazing she was, and then said "I like your eye shadow, Heidy"...sigh). Anyway, so I said to my friend "why are guys talking to me?", and she pointed out that the constant running was having a very good effect on my physical appearance. That was nice. I have been working on changing my eating and workout habits for a few months now, and it has been slow going; however, in the past three weeks, several people have told me that I look good, which again, is such an anomaly, since I never look good. So it feels good to know that changes are taking place. I have felt so uncomfortable in my own skin for pretty much all of my adult life, though more so in the past two years than ever before. It doesn't help that that one guy in my ward working on his masters in phys ed called me up to find out my bmi to see if I qualified for a study he was doing, and said "oh...you're too skinny"...leaving me to think that he had called me because he thought I was fat enough for his study, and was disappointed to find that I wasn't as fat as he thought I was. So anyway, it's nice to know that my hard work is starting to pay off a little bit, and I've even felt attractive a few times lately-again a rarity. Okay, well-I think my arms are going to fall off.

3 comments:

  1. REally? Some guy called to find out your BMI? Boys are stupid and that one should be kicked. Give yourself some credit there girl! 5 workouts in a week is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU Are BEAUTIFUL!!! Do you HEAR ME!!? BEAUTIFUL I say!!! Keep up the good work. I did level 2 the other day and thought I'd die! My abs hurt when I breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love when you write stories about me on your blog. it makes my heart happy. I do have to admit you had pretty awesome eyeshadow that day! Merry Christmas beautiful girl and please send some of the exercise enthusiasm over this way (as I sit eating mega-pounds of sweet christmas treats:)). I miss you.

    ReplyDelete