Saturday, January 9, 2010

yessss

So I've been doing Jillian's Blast Fat and Boost your metabolism work out for a week-it's 50 minutes of death. Up until yesterday, I wasn't able to even finish it. It's 7 circuits of 61/2 minutes each, and if makes me want to die. Yesterday I pushed through and finished the whole thing. And at the end, Jillian said something very profound, at least to me. She said that working out for her isn't just about the ripped body and healthy lifestyle, it's also about knowing what's inside, knowing what she's capable of. It's so easy to say 'oh, this is just too hard, I can't do it' and quit. I don't think I've ever said that about anything intellectual-other than science, of course. I love pushing my brain to its limits. I guess working out does the same thing; it's not just about what I'm physically capable of, it's about what I'm mentally able to push myself to do. And it feels good to know I can push a little farther than I thought I could each time. And, my thighs are starting to look really freaking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment